Sunday, December 30, 2012

Interesting discussions around guests!

Assalaam o Alaikum,

I'd say a rather active community and group of individuals to speak out what they believe in!  However, very sad that the message is conveyed in an improper and inappropriate manner... 

It was definitely interesting to hear some discussions and views of the youngsters around here on inviting guests like Sayed Ammar Nakshawani and Nadeem Sarwar!  Impressive that kids so young actually have something to advice adults about "being humble" and yet they have no remorse over their very own tone of talking!  We often forget that when we point one finger at another person, the other four are pointing at us!

I was honestly very heartbroken and felt bad for these youngsters!  These are our youth of tomorrow?  These are the kids that will represent our community and our Imams (A.S) tomorrow?  Sometimes I wonder if youth so actively involved in our community thinks and talks like this, whatever will happen to those who are not active?  Is this a "lost ummah" that we are warned about?

Respecting a person for conveying the message of Imam Hussain (A.S) and the message of Karbala in my opinion is the least we can do.  Especially when many of us might not even know the extent to which these speakers/reciters go to spread the word!  So what if a person requested something special (in this situation, a microphone!) to relay a message?  I mean is it really that big of a deal of the guy asked for a good microphone/sound system a few times?  Is it really that disrespectful that youngsters, ages less than the guys experience, are standing up and literally telling adults "we will stand up against calling him back for recitation"?  SERIOUSLY?

What I feel worse about is that these youngsters are supposedly the youth that represents our mosque to the outside world!  I fear what comes next?  I truely hope that I can somehow assist them in obtaining an identity in this community and around the world as representatives of Imams (A.S) as they should be!  I am not sure how far my efforts may reach, but I certainly do not want the youth around here to be recognized as a bad identity to the community at large.  It is important in my opinion for any youth organization to realize that they can accomplish ALOT if they really structure themselves to do so.  With this thought in mind and a humble effort to assist, I will inshAllah step forwad to assist some of these kids that I have had a chance to speak with lately.

I also have a humble request to all parents, please create a polite islamic environment for your children to flourish.  It is important to teach them respect and etiquettes for interacting with the community to create their own individual identities.  One needs to develop a basis to be heard before putting forth a request in any situation.  So what if your kids are born and raised in the west, their manners and akhlaq are first and foremost representing your own family! 

JazakAllah
Zehra

No comments:

Post a Comment